Labor & delivery information
The day you have your baby will be one of the most exciting days of your life. With a bit of preparation and information, you and your partner can look forward to this experience with anticipation, not apprehension.
Novant Health Rankin OB/GYN doctors deliver babies at the Novant Health Women’s Center, located within Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center's main campus. Click here to learn more about the Novant Health Women’s Center and its maternity services.
To prepare for your hospital stay, you are invited to take a tour of the Women's Center. Call 704-384-4949 for more information. And, you can now preregister for your hospital stay. Click here to learn how to preregister.
You can also find information about what to expect at delivery, and why Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center was voted the best place to give birth in our area!
When you are eight months pregnant, it is advised to pack a bag for your hospital stay. Here are some items you might want to include:
- Picture ID
- Insurance card
- Your birth plan (if you have one written)
- Eyeglasses (if you wear contact lenses)
- Toiletries and simple makeup
- A bathrobe
- A nightgown or two
- Slippers and socks
- Clothes to wear home
- Items to help you relax (your own pillow, light reading, a game to play with your partner, music)
- Toiletries and reading material for your partner
- Light snacks for your partner that do not require heating and do not smell (granola bars, fruit, etc.)
- Chargers for cell phones, laptops, cameras, etc.
Should there be any complications during or after delivery for you or your baby, be assured that Novant Health Rankin OB/GYN doctors have the skills and resources to provide the best care available. The Novant Health Hemby Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is a Level IV care nursery, the highest designation in North Carolina, and provides quality care for premature and critically ill infants.